The non-profit cultural association Nura, was born in Nuragus, Sardinia through the passion of a group united by history, archaeology and the conviction that the value and importance of the immense archaeological heritage in Sardinia is an important occasion for rural town development, especially in smaller towns like Nuragus, which are more and more at risk due to the decline in population.
Founded on the 25th of May in the year 2005, Nura is an association that is open to all, non-profit and registered in the national archive of associations. Our official address is via Chiesa, 38 Nuragus.
Our sphere of activities has brought us to discover or better yet re-discover more than 20 Nuraghic sites, including the cleaning, maintenance and rendering accessible the sacred well of Coni and the nuraghe Santu Milanu as part of a project named: “Nuragus: Archaeology volunteers” Our most recent project “Archaeology….mind” is a project that aims to use archaeology as a therapy for psychiatric patients that was created and designed with the collaboration of the ASSL of Oristano. Numerous other activities have been organized by Nura to encourage participation among the local population, improve the existing structures and promote Sardinian heritage abroad.
Among our founding principles are:
- to spread interest among the population for our culture and the natural beauty of Sardinia, promoting awareness, conservation and improvement;
- process, coordinate, and promote theoretical and experimental research on a local, regional, national, European and international level. To cooperate on a scientific platform with similar groups to develop shared research projects and the exchange of information and scholars;
- to create opportunities for meetings, exchange and dialogue among researchers from various fields of study;
- spread a culture of knowledge and develop research and experimentation for better scientific diffusion, with a particular eye towards new technologies and ways to communicate;
- encourage cultural relationships and cooperation, the exchange of experience and information on a local, national and international level;
- organize conferences, meetings, round tables, seminars, courses, conventions, shows and competitions;
- collect specialist literature on the subject, research, select, conserve and elaborate news and information, develop a center of technical and scientific and documentation;
- promote the publication, writing and distribution of studies, monographs, educational and scientific material and every type of publication, audiovisual and information.